Thursday, January 17, 2008

Honesty

I have always thought that I had a gift for probably over explaining how I felt about things. I could probably be a little too open with my feelings, usually it was when I was sad more than when I was happy, but all the same. I was never a very secretive person.

I read a LOT of blogs...I'm probably a little bit of a stalker. I have about 66 blogs saved on my computer. I check all of them every day...since right now I actually have some down time. Some are people I've grown up with at church, some are new friends that I've met since being an adult and others are Cerebral Palsy families who we have met since Ella has been diagnosed.


As I read all of the blogs I realize something...honesty is a big deal. People really want honesty. Whether it's the honesty of a mother's broken heart or the funny things that happen to someone on a weekly basis. When I'm reading blogs I find myself skipping over the posts that seem to complain...it's hard to read about constant complaints. However, if someone is being raw about their emotions or excited about something going on then it's so great to read about it. I hope as you read my blog that you see my raw emotion. Whether it's about my struggles and joys of raising a child who has cerebral palsy or the fears and uncertainty of adding another person to our family...I hope you hear my honesty. Life is hard. God told us it would be. Whether you follow Him or not, life is going to be hard...and at times it's going to be unbearable (but if you ARE a true believer in the one true God then you have a hope that no one else will have). I appreciate it when people struggle out loud so that others can learn from their lives.

I hope my blog brings a little bit of light to your life and that it's a place you enjoy coming to read and look at pictures of our crazy lives. May you see Christ in everything that we do.

9 comments:

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Thanks for the honesty Andrea!!! I enjoy your blog. I feel half way sane to know that other people deal with the same kinda struggles that I do. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I certainly do see Christ in all you say or do. I've enjoyed reading about you all ever since Carol asked me to pray when little Ella was born.. She is a beautiful little girl and I feel blessed by her when I look at that sweet little face. I am Aden,Jr.'s aunt Donna Looking forward to seeing little Will.. In Christ's love...Blessings to all...

Anonymous said...

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me". He would not give you Will if He did not think you were able to handle it. As it gets closer to his time, Ella gets stronger. I understand the fear - I was afraid when I had my second coming and you were my whole life. How could I have time for another baby?! Then we got Drew, and I met that challenge. People would ask "how do you do it - work full time and raise 3 kids". You do what you have to do. And one day you will look back and miss it all. Well, maybe not doing homework. You can do this. Tell yourself that each time you have a fear creap up and know that you have a village to help you raise your family.
Love, Mom

Annie and Jeremy said...

Hey Andrea! I read your blog about every day, and I see your honesty all the time! You're such an encouragement to me--your blogs (whether they are funny, cute, scared, or frustrated) are always transparent and reflect your hope in Christ. You're a blessing! :)

Debbie said...

Your mom is awesome. I read this and thought of you:

OBSTACLES

It is a hard rule of life, and I believe a healthy one, that no great plan is ever carried out without meeting and overcoming endless obstacles that come up to try the skill of man’s hand, the quality of his courage, and the endurance of his faith.

Donald Douglas (1892-1981)
Founder of Douglas Aircraft Company


If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire--then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience.

Robert Fulghum
Writer

Your blog is great. Ever since you were a little girl you have been very open about your feelings. Although at times it can be hard for people to hear them, it's always good to know where you stand!

AW said...

I'm like you...honest to a fault really. Sometimes honesty is not a comfortable experience for those witnessing it. Personally, I enjoy your honesty. It's refreshing. Even when it's about your fears. It's one of the things I love about your sister as well. I just hope I can say things to encourage you during those times!

I know I've made a lot of people uncomfortable with the honesty I shared during my infertility/pregnancy loss trials. But for those that did listen to my heart and helped carry my burden, I am forever grateful to them. And I know that God most likely has a jewel for their crown once they get to heaven.

Carrying each others burdens. We're ALL called to do it. Scripture never said it would be easy either. In fact, if we aren't sacrificing to carry each other's burdens, then we probably aren't working hard enough to carry them. ;-)

Stephanie said...

I absolutely love reading your blog! I've enjoyed seeing Ella grow up and can't wait to meet Will!

The Wells Family said...

love this post! i read your blog on a pretty regular basis - i'm one of stephanie poage's friends from college - but just wanted to say thanks for being honest...and you always are! that's what i like most when i read your blog....
and the fact that you can SO see your dependence on Christ in all that you say and do!
- katie -

Katy said...

Your honesty is absolutely refreshing! You are so brave. I keep my honesty for my private journals...and even then... :-)

Thanks for the extra post about my blog. In case you're wondering, you're funny too!

Hang in there this next week!