Thursday, January 03, 2008

Doctors Report

Well, William has NO desire to get "in position" to make an appearance. I had my 36-week doctors appointment today and he informed me that not only am I no where near ready to deliver, but William isn't even close to being in the correct position. We aren't sure if he's breech or just slightly diagonal...either way, not ready. My doctor won't put me on the schedule for induction until I'm making progress (effacement or dilation) so right now we are on hold. He doesn't want to induce me and end up with a c-section. SSSOOOOO, stay tuned next Tuesday for the latest info from the sonogram and the doctor. He'd like to deliver in my 38th week, but as of right now we don't have anything set in stone.

PRAY for movement (but that it doesn't hurt!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything will turn out just fine! It's still early and he just hasn't gotten into position yet. Just wait until you have your sonogram and know what the little guy is doing for sure. But in the meantime, many prayers are being sent your way!!!

Maggie said...

Just like a typical male!! :-) He is just going to take his own sweet time and will come when he is ready! I think he knows it has been really cold outside and wants to keep all warm and bundled up in his Momma's belly!!! Keepin' my fingers crossed for you though!!

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

William likes the womb :) It's cozy and warm in there!!! He'll arrive when he's ready!

Debbie said...

Did I ever tell you about Dr. O's comments to me with both of my kids? I am sure I did, but I'll tell you again. With Thomas -- went in on December 28th for my weekly checkup (I was at 38 weeks) and Dr. O says "Well you'll deliver this one by February." Not in position, no dilating, no nothing! My water breaks about 18 hours later and Thomas is born 6 hours after that! With Samantha -- I go in for my 36 week checkup and he offers no light at the end of the tunnel -- 3 days later Sam is here! So, eat some Mexican food take a walk and he'll be here before you know it!

Collin and Stephanie Poage said...

Oh, man!! Well... look on the bright side... at least you'll get a few more nights of peace and quiet before his arrival! (now if you could only be comfortable enough to actually SLEEP, that would be great!) :)

God's timing is perfect! It'll all work out in the end. Can't wait to meet him!! :)