Thursday, May 01, 2008

Supernatural Peace

My sister sent me this link and I felt my heart break all over again. It was like someone ripped off the bandage that had been on for a long time. There have been days when I have cried, but they have been fewer and further between lately. In fact, sitting here I can't remember the last time I really cried it out over Ella's condition. Tonight I did. After watching this video it took me a few minutes to be able to breathe without gasping. I was holding Will in my arms, asleep. I kept looking down at him, so thankful that he's healthy...and so jealous that Ella isn't. I'm so blessed that the Lord gave us a healthy baby boy, but my heart aches for my little girl. Watching this video reminds me how amazing God can be to offer grace to parents of special needs children, of any children. Keep us in your prayers for the times when this life we've been given seems tough, and remember to praise the Lord for the good times in all of our lives.

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard you hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

Dear Lord,
Please guide my heart and my mind, beyond my own understanding.
AMEN

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was heartbreaking! It makes me realize how blessed I am and to never any day for granted. Thanks for sharing that!

Maggie said...

this just left me speechless!