Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gotta have goals...

...and this is mine. I asked a friend to add my face on my ideal body so that I had something to keep as motivation. I realize this is somewhat unrealistic, especially since there are no baby-induced-stretch-marks (or as Joe likes to call them "badges of honor"). However, it might keep me from digging in the fridge at 10:00 at night and make me get to the gym every day.

For those of you who feel the need to say "you are perfect just the way you are"...that fine, but for me I need to work on my body so that I feel better about myself. God gave me a body and I need to take care of it by eating good and working out to stay fit. Now I have a whole blog-world to keep me accountable!

THANKS STEPH for the GREAT picture!!

7 comments:

The Trulys said...

I need one of those!!!

~Mindy

ThomasFamily4 said...

That is great. I so relate and I just finished eating fried fish, mac n cheese and beans. Right on the diet. Maybe tomorrow will be better! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I want to look like your pic! All you can do is try to acheive the best body you can have with what you have. After babies, we have loose skin and a nice brown line down the belly (I never even got rid of mine completely from Kait) and bags under our eyes, etc. All we can do is work towards a "better" us!

Unknown said...

That is the type of pic I need to have stuck on the fridge for when I get hungry at night! Wouldn't it be great if we could photoshop ourselves in real life!

Gram said...

hey, i want one of those so i can pretend.

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Wow. You look great! teehee. You shoulda said this was me, pre-kids! I so would have bought that :) I want her uh, your hair.

Poage Perspective said...

I love the picture! I need one too.
Just wanted to post that I am very inspired by your blog.
Best wishes to you and your sweet family,
Melanie Poage (Stephanie's sister-in-law)