Monday, May 05, 2008

Put Your Back Into It

Okay, I feel like I've written this post before, but I couldn't find it, so maybe I just thought about writing it.

I hate working out. (insert laughs from my girlfriends here) I'm sure there are some stories to tell about how much I hate working out, but I'll tell you the one that seems to get people rolling.

Maggie and I were working out at lunch one day. She was getting ready for her wedding and I was being moral support...more like comic relief. She's on the treadmill or something, probably going all out. I was sitting next to her on the bike "working out"...Maggie looked down as my bike started beeping and laughed...the screen said "PETAL FASTER"...she roared with laughter. This to say how much I hate working out. I've also fallen off a workout bench while lifting weights with Allison and thrown up during hot-yoga with Tiffany.

Side story: I went to pick Ella up out of her crib this morning...25 lbs of dead weight, and heard something in my back pop (not the good kind). I've had pain patches on my back and meds all day, but I STILL WENT TO WORKOUT!!! I did legs and it didn't hurt my back and I worked hard, just ask my trainer, he was even impressed that I showed up today.

It may take a while, but I'm working hard. I do have to make a confession...I ate a brownie with dinner!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new layout - how did you do that? Your gym stories made me laugh!

Maggie said...

Girl...I hear you!! I HATE (or even loathe) working out but I have decided it is just what I have to do. BUT...I do NOT diet! I refuse! To do that though, I have to remain in the gym. It's bitter-sweet. Keep up the hard work b/c it will pay off for you. It took me about 6-8 weeks (4x per week) before my weight just started falling off. You can do it A!! See you Saturday!!

Maggie said...

BTW...love the new blog look!!

Debbie said...

Love your new look! I wish I could be more creative!

Stephanie Pulley said...

A - I can't find an email address for you, for some reason, so I hope you get this... Your posts have me belly laughing! I loved the slide show.

Who does your wallpaper for the blog? Love it!

Steph

Anonymous said...

You fell off the workout bench?! I don't even remember that but I do believe it! I haven't been to the gym at all lately so I can't talk. Love your new blog design btw!!