Tuesday, May 27, 2008

ROCKSTAR

Well, I could go a few directions with this topic. I could talk about the fact that I used to follow Rockstars around...haha, remember Penny Lane on Almost Famous. I could also talk about the fact that I've always wanted to be a female drummer...might be fairly funny, but it always sounded fun. However, this post is about my addiction to the Rockstar Energy Drink (sugar-free since it's low in calories). Now, you might ask why I think I'm addicted...could it be that I am now getting headaches when I don't have one?!?! Joe isn't real thrilled that I drink them so this post probably won't go over very well with my husband. I consider them my version of coffee, since I hate all things associated with coffee. The very smell of most coffee makes my stomach turn and the only things I've ever purchased at Starbucks is bottled water and peppermint hot chocolate. I've realized during the day, about the time that my headache sets in, that if I drink one of these my terrible need for a nap will go away. Today I could barely wake up from a nap (while my children slept) and as I drank my Rockstar I felt much better and able to cope with the day.

So, the question: Is it bad that I need this drink every day? Is it really just a substitute for coffee or is it worse? If it's worse and I hate coffee then what is another option (and don't say working out...I've been working out almost every day for 1.5 months and it makes me exhausted!!). HELP?!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Is there any difference between a can of Rockstar and a cup of coffee?

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

totally feel your pain! Except I have finally gotten of of my addiction to caffine but have yet to find something else to give me natural energy. Even multi vitamins aren't doing the trick. I might have to go back to my lo-carb Monster or AMP HA! GOod luck!

Anonymous said...

Take this for what it's worth since it's from an old lady, but I'm guessing that Rockstar is loaded with caffeine, which your body becomes addicted to and craves when it does without, you're probably not getting enough sleep, the sleep you get probably isn't quality sleep and maybe your thyroid needs to be checked. (I learned, when I was tired all the time with two little ones, that my thyroid is underactive.....hypothyroidism.)

Or, maybe it's all because you're a young mother with two kids under the age of two....you're not supposed to feel rested...which really stinks! I've been where you are, Andrea, and wish I could help you.

P.S. Coffee makes me gag, too.

Anonymous said...

So sad but there are so many addictions out there. Mine is iced tea! I go to restaurants and down two glasses and then always ask for a tea to go.....it's even gotten to the point that Mike asks for one for me. And to top that, Sonic has happy hour every day from 2-4pm and I get a route 44 any chance I get! I think a point to make is that as a mom, we are so sleep deprived that we are looking for the "pick me up". But we don't feel right about finding one. I do believe that it is an addiction BUT, it helps us get through the day.

Popcorn House said...

Hi, I read your blog but never comment. I am over at BBC, my blog is ourhemiboy.blogspot.com that is my blog about our sons CP etc. We also have a family blog that is wardfamily7.blogspot.com

First of all I have cried sad tears and tears of joy from reading your blog. You are an inspiration to me.

Anyways, I love my DIET PEPSI! I drink about 40 ounces a day to stay going. It is tough with babies and kids to get the sleep that we need. I think one day I will wean myself off of it. As my DH is like yours and doesn't LOVE me being addicted to a substance. However that being said, someone has to do laundry, cook, clean, carpool, do therapies etc. We just need something to get over the hump. And like you I am more tired when I exercise NOT less. And I have been exercising on and off for years!

You are a ROCKSTAR GIRL!!!