Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday, February 13th 2007

Before I go any further...Happy 7 months to Micah Witschorke today (and happy 9 months to Avery Hooper and Lucas Berger yesterday).

Today has been a wonderful day-before-surgery. I don't know why, but I have decided to chronicle my day. I also wanted to fill in information on tomorrow's happenings in case you care. I know, most of you just want pictures of Ella, but I don't have one to post at the moment...I've actually been getting stuff done since Linda (Joe's mom) is in town!!

So, today. We had physical therapy at 9am, like we do every Tuesday. Kathy, our PT, was wonderful as always and we worked on sitting again as well as the motions needed for crawling. We aren't there yet, but working on her getting a feel for what it WILL be like. Linda sat in and made sure she knows what her "homework" is while she is here. Kathy always gives us assignments to work on between Tuesdays and we have ours down. I was informed later that Grandma and Ella WORKED all day...no wonder Ella went to sleep without a fight tonight!!

Then I went to bible study. It was nice to just get to go alone and not have to mess with the nursery...not that I mind but we are ALWAYS running late. Thanks to traffic on 30 this morning I was still running late, but didn't have to drop Ella off too. I parked on the street which resulted in a parking ticket, but that is the price you pay ($20) for parking close to the door when it's really cold and you are running late. Bible Study was amazing. I know I've told you all before, but these are the most AMAZING women I have ever seen all in one room. I think God smiles every Tuesday morning when all of these women get together...it's a privilege that those people actually let me in there!! We always stand up and praise our husbands (or children)...in accordance with Philippians 4:8...today I stood up and gave praise to my mother-in-law. I have a WONDERFUL mother...she's the closest woman in my life, but Linda is a blessing as well. This week Linda has already given me so much time to get things done...and she painted our hallway at the house!! Our study today was about lies we tell ourselves when raising our children...lots to think, and pray, about.

I then had lunch with a great friend, Allison Aars. It's funny how life gets away and gets busy and you don't get to spend as much time with friends. It was good to spend lunch with Alli, have a long phone call with Becky Page, and then get to talk to Kim Pickle on her 31st birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMMIE!!

During all of these phone calls I picked up Joe's Valentine's present. It's nothing big, just an Ipod attachment to help him run...the Nike+ system. We'll see if he actually uses it, but my guess now that he's opened it is that I'll end up using it and he'll stick to his own calculations and spreadsheets. If you know Joe then you could have figured this out before I purchased the gift...Becky, you were right.

I then had a day of pampering. Let me back up for a moment. Around Christmas time a radio station in town...KLTY...does a program called Christmas Wish. A woman in my sisters' Sunday School class, Leah Dusek, decided to call and put my story about what we have gone through this year with Ella in and asked for a spa day for me...a woman in Ovilla named Melissa decided that she wanted to grant this "wish" since her daughter was born and had contracted meningitis as well. This was so above and beyond for Leah to do and was even more special since I grew up with Leah's husband Steve (www.dusekfamily.blogspot.com). Thanks to this gift I got my nails done, a facial and a massage...what a wonderful afternoon.

I then came home to my family and spent the rest of the night just enjoying my husband and daughter. Joe gave me BEAUTIFUL earrings for Valentine's Day...I'll post pictures when I get some...they are so perfect and they match the necklace he gave me for our wedding day.

It was a pretty wonderful day.

Okay, about tomorrow. We check in to the hospital at 11am. They wheel me away about 12pm...get me doped up and do surgery...they will do an incision in my belly button to use the scope and see if they see any endometriosis...if they do then they will do another incision to remove any of the endo tissue. I should be out around 1pm and Joe should have details by 2pm. We will probably be at the hospital till 6pm or so...hopefully not later, depends on my reaction to the meds.

I'll post as soon as I'm lucid!!

Love to you all.

4 comments:

Beck said...

Tried to tell ya, girl. But I still think it was a great V-day gift idea. Maybe I should get Russ a Fendi purse? Oh well, if he didn't want to use it, I always could.

Praying for you guys today. And I'm so glad your day was wonderful yesterday. Can't wait for dinner night with y'all!

love, beckles

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Andrea & that all goes well with your surgery. I am bummed that I missed seeing you yesterday at Bible study- I was sick. But I am glad that you got to go. I look forward to hearing how you are after today. Hope to see ya'll soon.
Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Holding you close in prayer and positive thought that all goes well tomorrow.
I don't always comment...but let me just say thanks for your blogging. I love keeping up with you and your beautiful family. You do a wonderful job of it and are an inspiration to all. What a woman!!

Happy Love Day to you, Joe and Ella Bella Bebe,
Annemarie

Anonymous said...

Isn't God AMAZING!! I praise God for you and for what is is doing in you, your family, and how HE is being glorified through your life! What an amazing opportunity! I love you!!!
Cat