Thursday, February 15, 2007

Surgery Day

My day ended up being quite wonderful. We woke up and just spent the morning as a family. I gave Ella her morning bottle and then just sat around holding her all morning...I think I needed that...kids are like therapy.

We got to the hospital and they got all of my vitals and then got me changed. My dad showed up and the 3 of us just sat and talked until they wheeled me away. I went in and got my anesthesia...which is great stuff. Last think I remember they were giving me the drugs...I didn't even have to count...next thing I know I'm waking up with an oxygen mask and a sore throat...surgery a success!!

Here is my friend Stephanie's account from a phone call with Joe...it has all the information included:
Andrea is in recovery and doing fine. The surgery went very well. Joe said that the doctors told him that it WAS Endometriosis (I didn't know that was in question) and that they were able to remove all of it. (Endo is one of those things that will grow back, so just because they removed all of it doesn't make Andrea "cured" of it, but in her case the Doctors said it isn't very aggressive, which is GREAT.) It was outside the uterus but had not attached to any other major or reproductive organs. The doctor also told Joe that in some cases of Endo, they want to get the patient pregnant again soon after a surgery like this for the health of the patient... Apparently this is not something they're suggesting for Andrea. (Basically, Andrea & Joe are free to get preggo again whenever they choose, but they don't need to feel pressured to do it ASAP for Andrea's health.)So- Everything went well and Joe said that all the specific things they had been praying over the last month have been answered.

Thank you Stephanie for sending that out to the Sunday School class!!

I'm feeling pretty good today. I slept a lot last night after we got home and "lost my dinner" about 9pm so we had to have the doctor call in some meds...but I feel much better now. I'm on pain killers, but trying not to take them unless the pain is really bad. I've only taken one pill so far today and I think I should be okay. It's really sore, but not unmanageable. I can walk around, but picking up Ella is difficult...she sits right on my stitches. So, I go into the doctor for a follow-up next Wednesday. Till then I'll just be taking it slow.

Oh, and I have to brag on Joe. Eventhough I was practically out of it last night...he still managed to have a candlelit dinner in our living room. He gave me a dozen white roses and gave a red one to Ella (along with a card) and to his mom...isn't he the BEST!! Also, Linda cooked our Valentine's dinner of lemon chicken and it was AMAZING. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful family!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord that your surgery went off without a hitch. Isn't he faithful? We are praying for a painless and speedy recovery, Andrea! Let us know if you guys need anything at all!