Thursday, February 08, 2007

Just because...

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4: 16-18


Ella after her bath tonight...she's getting mommy's curly hair!!












And just so you know. I'm not this amazingly brave woman who never fears, or questions, or doubts, or screams at God that I want answers and I want Him to fix my daughter. I don't feel like I'm someone that other people should admire for the way I handle what we have been given (and I only say that because I've been told by some that I am). I am a mother, a wife, a Christian woman who is trying to make sense of my daily struggles. I'm not a great mom...I'm not crafty or creative or very patient or even motherly (not the way some women are). I'm just Ella's mom and Joe's wife...and hopefully God's vessel. I'm scared and unsure and I feel out of sorts most days. My father-in-law always tell me how proud he is of me and how he thinks I do a great job of writing on this blog...it makes me laugh a little because, like I've said before, it's as much my therapy as it is a way to show pictures of Ella. I look back at my life and laugh...how far

I've come in 28 years. I'm so different than I was the week before I started dating Joe, even more different since being married to this amazing and wonderfully Godly man. Then on top of that blessing I'm given Ella. God changed me. God helps me to grow every day. I don't know how He does it. I don't know how He knew to create Joe and I for each other and then to give us Ella...she's so amazing. It doesn't matter what we are making this child do...she's in a good mood. She smiled through a good portion of a 23 hour EEG, laughs when we suck snot out of her nose, loves physical and occupational therapy...and laughs and talks to herself most of the day. She's usually only fussy when she's left alone...I don't know where she gets that. I guess I just thought I'd give you another peak into our lives.

Thank you for loving us.

4 comments:

Collin and Stephanie Poage said...

Ella is bursting with joy!... It makes me smile just looking at those pictures! :) Thank you for being so transparent on your blog. God is using your testimony on this thing to sharpen the walks of so many others- Mine in particular. I love you, wife-of-Joe-Ella's-Mom. I do. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being honest and authentic. That ministers to me a lot.

The Bratchers said...

Thank you for being real! We all can learn so much from you and we will walk with you through your struggles. You may not know all of us who post on your blog, like myself, but know that I check your blog daily to see how that sweet, precious Ella is doing, and to know how you are doing and how we can pray for you. You are a vessel of Gods to so many women. Thank you for using your skills to minister to so many. We love you and your family.

AW said...

Andrea,

You ARE someone to be looked up to. It is not just the HARDNESS of your life that ministers to us, but the fact that your faith in our Father doesn't waver. What you might feel (insecurity, unsureness, confusion) is always different than what you do (love deeply, praise God, encourage others to do the same). Yes, you are Joe's wife and Ella's mom, but you ARE a vessel. I've never even met you and yet you minister to me with your authenticity. Life may not always be good, but God IS. And what we struggle with HERE is what will make eternity in Heaven that much more amazing!

Blessings,

Andi