Friday, March 16, 2007

no surgery till next week

We talked to what seems like 10 doctors today. They don't do the test Ella needs till Monday. So we are scheduled for a doctors appointment with the G.I. doc on Monday at 11:15am, then we will find out when we will be doing the pH Probe. The probe will determine whether or not to do what's called an antireflux surgery. The pH probe will last around 13-24 hours (grrrr) and then they will determine what to do with the surgery.

There isn't a question as to whether she'll have the g-tube surgery...right now it's so see if they need to do both procedures at the same surgery.

It's neat. I was just talking to my dad and realized that Ella has really been protected the past 10 months from pneumonia...the doctors have been shocked that she hasn't had any problems thus far...our God is an awesome God.

We'll update Monday. Till then we are just going to spend time as a family.

6 comments:

Collin and Stephanie Poage said...

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

What incredible timing for us to have just studied Psalm 91 last Sunday... I will pray tonight that you and Joe are able to rest in His promises... that when you call upon Him, He will answer you and be with you in trouble. His promises to deliver you AND honor you in the process. You said it best... Our God is an Awesome God.

I am so sorry Motherhood has been such a treacherous path for you so far. You handle it with such grace that it's sometimes hard to remember how you must be hurting. I love you dearly, sweet friend, and I'm praying for you and Ella tonight.

Anonymous said...

Our God is awesome! I think I've checked your blog atleast 1000 times today! Stay strong Andrea! Ella is one AMAZING little girl :) I'm continuing my prayers for you all. Much love~

The Bratchers said...

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. I too have checked the blog 100 times yesterday. Keep strong as God will hold each of your hands through this time of need. He will not let you all down. We love your family and know that each of you are in our prayers.

Love,
Karen

Leigh said...

We are praying for yall continuously. We know that God has big plans for Ella, he indeed made her strong. It's amazing how she's so happy thru all of this.
Leigh

Anonymous said...

Amen to the previous comments & know that we are praying for you all. Love, Susan

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you. I was watching the recent videos of Ella on your blog last night and I know that I was so encouraged to see all the progress she is making. God continues to answer "yes" to so many of our prayers for Ella, and I pray that He will continue to protect her. Remember Psalm 91, as Steph pointed out.

Love,
Julie