Sunday, March 11, 2007

I love Sundays

Here is Ella on her way to church this morning...she really does love going to church.











Church today was really great. As most of you who read this blog know, our Sunday School class at church has been amazing to us. This week our faithful teacher, Reed, had an accident with a chainsaw (he decided he didn't like the middle part of his hand...a tree helped carve out a good portion). Needless to say, Reed and his wife Marian saw the faithfulness of God in this situation instead of the fear, inconvenience, and pain that the accident could have left. Marian shared a couple of points with us today: "God only does good things in life.", "We aren't asking God if he loves us, we are resting in His sovereignty", And the question God is asking in our difficult situations is "Do you trust me?". I struggle with the last one. If you asked me if I trust God I would tell you that I have no option...some of you might disagree. However, I have realized that I do trust God. In the moment that the doctors seemed to think that Ella wouldn't make it...God asked Joe and I if we trusted Him...our only answer was "Yes"...had our answer been no then what would have been the point of Ella's struggle? If you read this and don't know God enough to trust Him then I challenge you to meet Him. Find someone who can introduce you. I know with all of my heart that God has a plan for Ella. I don't know how you can look at the miracle of her life or any miracle and not believe that their is a grace-filled God in charge of it all. I also believe that I am VERY flawed. I am blessed and thankful that their is a saving grace in the salvation of the death and resurrection of Christ. I hope all who read this blog have their salvation secured. Joe and I have been reading a book, lent to us by Reed and Marian a few weeks ago, called The Bema. If you haven't had a chance to read this book then I challenge you to read it and not have your daily life changed. This book isn't to replace the Bible at all, instead it's just another reminder that Christ is coming back...and that's really all that matters...where will you be standing when this life is done?

Here are some family photos after church today:












Daddy feeding Ella after church...with play clothes on (he's such an amazing father):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i ADORE this baby!!

AW said...

I don't know how you can look at the miracle of her life or any miracle and not believe that their is a grace-filled God in charge of it all. I also believe that I am VERY flawed. I am blessed and thankful that their is a saving grace in the salvation of the death and resurrection of Christ.

AMEN!!! I SOOO understand this.

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog hit home because I just finished the book "Ruthless Trust" by Brennan Manning. It goes along with what you were saying, and I highly recommend it.