Thursday, August 20, 2009

Update @ 4:56pm (Thursday)

It may be interesting how long it takes me to write this out...I'm home with William. Ella is doing great. She "talking" and moving around and even stood up in her crib today. She gets tired VERY easily and crashed out for a nap today for 2 hours...she isn't much of a napper so I knew she was worn out. Results: a UTI (urinary tract infection). The bacteria is e.coli, but they aren't really sure what the next course of action is going to be. Unfortunately the seizure meds don't help when it comes to febrile seizures....so we feel a little helpless right now. We still have more questions than answers. We wanted to make sure we knew what the cause was...and PRAISE GOD, we do. Now we just need to pray for wisdom as the doctors decide how to prevent it from happening again. They are still running tests on the bacteria to see what it's sensitive to, which antibiotic to use, so we'll be there till tomorrow. We are also finding out how her body is reacting to the seizure meds. I hate her being on them, but they will prevent any other kind of seizure, and the neurologist thinks that's best...Joe and I haven't gotten to talk much about any of this. Questions? Ask away. I'm not sure I wrote everything out, but I'll be very happy to fill in the blanks. It's hard to process and remember all at the same time.I think I'm staying up there again tonight, so I'll try and upload pictures.

1 comment:

The Scott Family said...

Hey there. I didn't know about any of this until just now because I rarely have computer time, but I'm glad I looked tonight. Just want you to know I'm going to bed praying for you all. I don't know what else to say, so I'm not going to try, but thankfully we have a God who knows how to comfort you perfectly. I'm asking Him to do that for all of you, and to give you His perfect peace. Hope you know how much I love you.