Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Update @ 1:48pm (Wednesday)

So, you probably would like to know the story so far. First thing, we don't actually know anything yet. No cause and no diagnosis...hopefully soon.

At 5:00 this morning I woke up to a noise. I checked outside and didn't see any bad guys so I decided to go back to bed. I just kind of laid there and then heard noises coming from Ella's baby monitor. At first I just assumed that she had woken up...she tends to wake up and play and then work herself back to sleep. After laying there for a few minutes I realized that the sounds were more like wimpers...and it sounded similar to the seizures we had experianced back in April. I went down to Ella's room and walked in and knew, in my heart and in my mind, that we were back to that place. She was seizing in her bed. People have asked what kind of seizures they are...I don't know the name, but I can give you a description. Her whole body is tight and she's in the fetal position with her arms in front of her (on her side). Her eyes are open, but looking off to the side and it's like she can't find me. She jerks about every 1/2 to full second and it never stops...today they were almost 30 minutes that we saw full seizing. So, shouted in the baby monitor "seizure" to Joe and then realized that may not have come across clear. So, I left her and went down and shouted to Joe "call 911, Ella's having a seizure"...I didn't even wait for his reaction. I went back to get her. It's so hard to pick her up when she's like that, but even harder to put her down. However, we were told last time that we can't hold on to her when she's like that...so I set her down on the living room floor. Joe and I took turns talking to her, praying with her, and singing songs till the ambulance arrived. We both got dressed during all the craziness and got her seizure meds (like an epi pen) in her to try and stop everything. The paramedics arrived, they do all of their medical stuff and then we head to Medical City in the "bus". Kristie came over (God bless Kristie) to watch Will (yes, at 5am!!) and Joe met us at the hospital within minutes of us getting here. At least the paramedics got her seizures under control before we got to the hospital.

As of now we've had a CAT scan, chest x-ray, EEG, tons of blood and liquid tests, and I'm not even SURE what else. We are waiting on her nuerologist and pedi-ICU doc to tell us what their thoughts are at the moment.

I will try and keep you updated.

4 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

Andy heard from Michael yesterday...Just wanted you to know Andy and I are praying for Ella and your family.
Love from Indy
Cari

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

praying for your sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Ella's seizures. I will be praying that the doctors can give you some answers. Thanks for the details on the blog so we know how to better pray! Love ya, Tabitha Berry

Courtney said...

Praying for Ella and your family