Thursday, April 17, 2008

Life and Death...again

I attended a funeral today, only 12 hours after meeting a new life. The funeral was for an amazing woman. I don't just say that because everyone else says it about her, I know that in the 18 (or so) years that I knew Rhonda Brock she was truly amazing. She was always there to love us all and to make sure we weren't getting into trouble. She always had a smile for you and really wanted to know how life was going. She is the mother of a dear friend, Kendra, and words will never be able to express how deeply sad I am for Kendra as she tries to navigate life without her mother. Verse from today (one of my favorites as well):
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13



Last night I met a new life, Julia Kate Poage. How wonderful to get to spend time with a family who now has the joys of 2 daughters...ah, we'll see how that joy goes when they are teenagers!! The Poages have meant so much to our family as we have all been in the process of learning how to be Godly parents. We are so happy for the Poages and I've already decided that Will and Julia will be married around the time they are 35. Congratulations Poage family on your newest addition!!
I can't explain the concept of death and live, but I'm peaceful at knowing that when my life is over, death will not matter, I'll be in the presence of my Lord.

2 comments:

Christi said...

I'm still in shock about Rhonda. It breaks my heart. But, it is peaceful to know that she is rejoicing with Jesus right now. Please let me know if you hear any more news on what the cause of death was.
And Julia is beautiful. Please let the Poage's know that "Snapper" says congrats! (They can explain.)

Debbie said...

I met Rhonda years ago -- I think she was selling Mary Kay -- and thought she was such a nice woman. I am so sorry about Kendra's loss. I just can't imagine it.