Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My husband.










My husband is amazing. He doesn't know that I'm writing this and will probably be embarrassed that I'm talking about him on here. Joe Mitchell is a man of God. I put that first because that's who he is first. He a son of God and a follower of Christ. He believes so strongly that Jesus is our Savior that you couldn't shake him free of those beliefs...they are who he is. Joe is also an amazing husband, father, son (to many), and friend. Joe is a servant is every sense of the word. He's kind and funny...and cool.









I have struggled for almost 4 years now with whether I "deserve" someone like Joe. If you knew me prior to meeting him you would not have put us together. From the day I met this man, God started to change my life.








Because Joe will NEVER write on this blog I thought I would give you a little more insight into my husband and best friend. He works very hard at his job every day. He comes home and the first thing he does is kiss me and then Ella. He wants to play with her more than any other option he could have. He forgoes hanging out with the boys and even his own "to dos" because he would rather just be with us. He works a full day and yet for the past year has gotten up at night when Ella needs something just to let me sleep. For a year now he has washed pumping equipment, bottles, and anything else needed for Ella...not because I've asked him to, but mostly because he wanted to make sure it was done right and so I wouldn't have to. He supports me with all of the decisions we have to make concerning Ella's care.












One of the greatest moments of being Joe's wife was almost a year ago. It was the day after Ella was born and we had just been woken up by the doctors and nurses to give us the news of her condition and to tell us that she was in the NICU and possibly wouldn't survive. We could have reacted in a lot of different ways, but Joe made sure that our family went to our knees first. He made sure that God would be glorified through Ella's life, however short it might have been at that point.









Joe is training for a marathon, but it amazing that he will put off running and training just to lay on the floor and talk to Ella about her day. He would rather spend "5 more minutes" with us, rather than train for something he really enjoys. He doesn't even look at it as a sacrifice...he just truly loves us and doesn't want to be without us. He even asked us to come outside and play while he was putting sod down. It's fun to be a family, but it's more fun when Joe loves our family. He is so supportive of all that Ella goes through. He reminds me daily that we are knitting, what seems like, the LARGEST sweater EVER! He also remembers to pray for a complete healing over Ella. I stop thinking that God will heal her completely, but Joe doesn't. He knows that God can heal her, but we both know He is glorified either way.








With Sara having to say goodbye to Mike for 9 months I realized how lucky I am to have Joe every night and every morning. To be able to lean on him for anything...even if it's just a doctors appointment that I don't want to attend alone. I can be a little crazy...Joe helps me not be QUITE so crazy.

7 comments:

The Couch Clan said...

All I can say is that I am deeply touched by that! I LOVE that you are so greatful for your GIFT from our Lord! What a blessing it truly is!!

The Bratchers said...

Husbands don't get enough credit, thank you so much for writing this blog entry.
Having worked with Joe for a long time, I can agree 100% with you on his character. He was a true joy to work with. Thanks for giving due props to your husband.
Thanks for the updates on Ella as well, she is doing great. How can she go wrong with such a wonderful loving, caring, and christian home? Its not possible! Many blessings to come.
Love,
Karen B :)

Anonymous said...

Your Dad and I agree - you could not have found a better husband for you... and he truly loves his girls! I always knew that God would grant you that "man in your life" in HIS time. What do ya know, your mother was right! Let's right that one down. We love Joe, and we love Ella, and you know we love you. We are very proud of the way you and Joe have handled things - and I am with Joe on the prayers. How can you pray for healing and not expect it? You can know that God may say no, but why would He say yes if you are only asking half-way? Your faith has grown by leaps and bounds since you and Joe got together. He has had a lot to do with making you the woman you are today, and we appreciate that. Hang in together. I truly believe God has great things ahead for you and your family.
-Mimi

Katy said...

WE LOVE JOE!!!!!

AW said...

Andrea, I have a feeling that Joe and my Neil are cut from the same cloth. You have said so many things that reflect my own thoughts. I too struggle with feeling that I don't deserve my amazing husband. But for whatever reason, God has appointed him to be my head. And I can do nothing but humbly say "Thank you". And even if I said that a gazillion trillion times a day, it would NEVER be sufficient for the amount of gratefulness I have.

You are such a blessing! (And obviously, so is Joe!) :-)

Andi

Debbie said...

What a beautiful love letter to your hubby.

Beck said...

Other little things about Joe: he still carries real "hankies" and is chivalrous enough to offer you one if you sneeze. He is generous and will buy ice cream for you if you'll just go along for the ride. He is the best damn mover in the world and is the only friend to have helped me through my last 4 moves. He is stark, raving crazy about his wife and once he set his eyes on her...she was a goner! I love you too, Joe Joe! Pretty crazy about your wife as well!