Friday, December 08, 2006

A little update

For those of you who don't want to wait all weekend for an update...here is some reading for you. The developmental doctor has diagnosed her with Static Encephalopathy. There are a lot of degrees to this and different diagnosis within this umbrella...they won't give us much more specifics till she is a year old (or maybe even after that). We have started to come to grips more with the severity of damage our daughter has endured. We ask for your prayers as we start to focus on the road ahead. I am CONSTANTLY reminded (and reminding those around me) of the words of my amazing teacher Marian Ashwill...God as not given me the grace for tomorrow, he has only given me the grace for today, worrying about tomorrow (or a year down the road) isn't smart since I don't have the grace to deal with it yet.

Here are Ella's stats from today:
18 lbs, 13 oz... 85th percentile
26 3/4" long...75th percentile
16 1/6" head...we are excited bc she is maintaining the same growth on her head so there isn't a concern that her breain as stopped growing. We are still in the 10th percentile, but it's still good!!

Ella will have an EEG on 12/28 at 11am to make sure that she isn't having any mini-seizures and causing any more damage.

Pictures to come.......when I get some time.

1 comment:

Sean and Heather said...

Andrea,
I continue to pray for all 3 of you. I pray that the Lord will give you and Joe what you need to work with Ella on a daily basis. I pray that the Lord will use Ella as a testimony and a witness of what HE can do.

In Him,
Heather