Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rolling Stones

Well, I'm waiting to hear this morning for confirmation, but it looks like I have kidneys stones. I realized on Sunday when I woke up that I wasn't feeling well and I ached really bad in my side. Went to church, worked in the nursery, went to Sunday School, even attended "big church" (saw Avery Poage dedicated)...but about 15 mins into the service I told Joe I was going to be sick if we didn't leave soon. That whole day I wrestled with a very painful right side. Finally I called my mom (bc they know everything) and called my doctor, both figured it was kidney stones. Monday I got up and went to my doctor and he ran some tests, still looked like stones. Then yesterday morning they did a CT scan of my abdomen and I should get the final results today. Needless to say it's been an interesting week. We had to move Ella's eye appointment from Monday to Tuesday. Joe had to go into work late on Tuesday so that he could be here when the physical therapist came since I was at the hospital. To top it all off...we leave for Vegas (WAHOOO) on Thursday because Joe's brother, Josh, is getting married to the lovely Wendy.

Prayer Requests:

  • that if in fact is is a kidney stone, that it pass without problems or pain
  • Ella has "gunk" in her eye, that it not be an issue
  • as sleep is light and stress is high, that no one in our family gets sick before or during this trip (Joe and I are already taking Airborne)
  • that we can get Ella a flu shot before we leave (bc she already has a weaker immune system and is susceptible for pneumonia with flu)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, alyssa can identify with you. she has had 3 stones removed in the last several months and is now stone-free! (the last one a week ago). she thinks (and has heard from others) that perhaps hers developed as a result of the pre-natal vitamins she was taking since she never had them before. we have both heard stories of kidney stones appearing about 6 months after delivery. prayers are with you! jan