Thursday, November 16, 2006

6 Months Old!!

Dear Friends and Family,
I'm a whole half of a year old already!! Can you believe I've been home for 5 months...it seems like just yesterday I was saying goodbye to Nurse Dabney and Dr. Onley and heading out into the big world from the NICU. When I left the hospital I was so sick and so little...now I'm a big girl. I went to the doctor yesterday for my check up and they said I'm 18 lbs 9 oz and I'm 26 1/2 inches long...oh wow!! Guess all that formula and rice is sticking (if you saw my thighs you would believe I weighed more!!). It's been an interesting couple of days. Yesterday, after my mom took me to the doctor and then to my grandparents house, her car broke down. My Aunt Sara is letting us borrow her Jeep till we can figure out what happened to our car. Oh, I had a great session with my physical therapist on Tuesday. I am starting to pull my head up. It's a long road ahead still and I can't actually hold it up, but I'm learning to at least try. Where the average child walks between 9-15 months old, I'll probably be closer to 24 months, but I'm gonna try to do everything that every other little girl can do...I'm just going to take my time. I know this is all hard and exhausting for my parents, but they are handling everything really well.

Love you all very much,
Ella Mitchell

Oh, here's a picture of me from the doctors office yesterday, I was bored waiting so I tried to eat all the paper on the table.

And here's a picture of me eating bananas for the first time...I loved them!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Good for you Ella Bella! You take your time and remember to remind anyone who tries to rush you that "Good things come to those who wait!"

Love
Debbie

mrchrishill said...

I've tried to eat all the paper too. Learn early young Elle, it can't be done.

I hope the Mitchell family has a great Thanksgiving