Monday, May 10, 2010

Sleeping Angel

Joe goes in every night to check on the kids before he goes to sleep. Sometimes I go in with him and tonight they were both sound asleep so I thought it would be a good chance to watch them at peace.

When watching Ella sleep tonight I wondered...when she dreams, does she dream that she is mobile and talking and "typical"? I do sometimes, in my dreams, realize that she's a typical child in my subconscious, just wondered if it's the same for her. I hope that in her dreams tonight she is chasing butterflies and telling her friends secrets and dancing in the sunshine, and I hope she does all of those things in my dreams tonight too.

I've been asked if I'm ready for the baby to arrive (his name in Jonathan Thomas) and my answer has been very quickly "no" this time around. Not because it's going to be more difficult with three, even though I know it will, but because for now he's safe. He's tucked away somewhere that is designed perfectly for him. I just want him to stay there until he's done cooking and we get to welcome him into our lives.

Four years ago right now we were holding Ella, perfectly healthy and our lives were so simple and easy...4 years from tomorrow morning is when I realized how much prayer I needed in my life on a daily basis.

No comments: