Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Because he deserves a post

William Cutler Mitchell...his birth name. Now, what does he actually get called...um, well, his full name when he's in trouble. "Will" if I'm just talking about him to anyone, or most of my friends and church call him. "Bubba" if I'm talking to him or to Ella about him, or if he's identifying himself (don't try to change his mind, to him, his name is Bubba). "Billy" if you ask Joe or Joe's mom Linda (and maybe a few Mitchell's and Cook's out there in Iowa). But if you ask him who his sister is, he knows full well that her name is Ella...and here he is singing her Happy Birthday (or Irthday, because who needs the "b"?)

Some other things about my 2nd born. He's huge. I don't mean fat and chunky, I mean just big. He's 39" tall (1/2 inch taller than Ella) and weighs 34.8 lbs on my scale before breakfast, without clothes...Ella weighs between 31-32 lbs! He also wears 3T clothing (same as E) and has a size 10 shoes (granted, Ella has tiny feet in her 5's or 6's). He's wild, and gets in trouble at school for being rough (he's bigger and older than every other kid in class so that's part of the problem). He loves to climb, slide, run, and pretty much be a boy. He has very few fears...loud noises (think lawn mower or hairdryer) and houseflies (I know, we are trying to work on this one). He eats just about everything, especially if he's in the car or locked into a chair...give him any room and he'd rather be moving. He loves TV and movies, but is just as happy playing at the park, fast food playground or the backyard. He loves "chichen and fries" because that's what he calls Chick-fil-A (guess we eat there too much) and will eat a hot dog for every meal, no bun and plenty of ketchup and mustard. He also LOVES fruit and is getting better at veggies. He loves to play with a train set that Joe's dad has and can actually sit for an hour and play quietly...rarely does anything hold his attention long enough. He also loves to dance...although he MIGHT have gotten his moves from his father. He loves to talk on the phone, although he limits what he says and points a lot, I always feel bad for whomever he's "speaking" to. He can identify pretty much anyone in a picture and remembers a lot of things that we tell him, unless it has to do with behavior. He talks a LOT and says most words pretty well. He drops the first letter of a lot of things, but maybe it's just because I understand him that I think everyone else should be able to as well. He loves to wrestle, thanks to his cousin Abe, but is realizing that he can't attack everyone...Ella doesn't quite fight back so he's be restricted on tackling her. He does LOVE to hug and kiss her and is really good about telling her "sorry" if he's too rough with her (which he often is and she could care less about it). He loves to play with daddy and loves mommy pretty much most of the time. He's a delight and very soon will be a great big brother, or at list this little kid will have to develop some thick skin and a hard head.

3 comments:

Rob and Amy said...

Holy cow...he looks like a mini Drew!!!!! He's precious!

Unknown said...

The houseflies! I forgot about that! :)

Unknown said...

My nephews call me Bubba...When my neice, Erin, was born, I lost my name with them, but I am ok with that. Go figure. ;-)