Sunday, August 05, 2007

I was tagged by my friend Jessica Duncan to give 8 random facts/habits about myself.

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

****************************************************************************************

Fact/Habit #1: I love friends and friendships. I have lost track of or just lost friends over the years and it still makes me sad. I try to keep up and keep in touch, but I'm really bad about it. I love to go to lunch or dinner with friends and catch up, but my schedule usually pushes things back. If I run into anyone I've ever known in life I still consider them friends, even if we don't talk anymore. Joe says I'm very inclusive. I like/want to include everyone on everything. I don't EVER want to be left our or leave anyone else out.

Fact/Habit #2: I procrastinate. From housework (which I'm HORRIBLE about) to medical bills for Ella, to just running errands...I procrastinate everything (if you are still waiting on a thank you note...I'm sorry, you may never receive it). My mother knows where I got this from, but it wasn't her. I have to have a "to do" list in front of me to keep myself focused or I will sit and watch TV all day and never do the things I'm supposed to do.

Fact/Habit #3: I've currently realized that I don't like for schedules to be changed on me. If someone says we are doing this at a certain time and here are the plans...then I hate it when things are changed at the last minute. This doesn't ALWAYS apply, but it's a pretty common fact.

Fact/Habit #4: I have lived in Dallas my ENTIRE life, except for 6 months right after college when I was 19 and super-smart and decided I needed to move to Atlanta, GA. Not a great idea, my mom told me this was going to be a bad choice, but I didn't listen and it lasted for 6 months.

Fact/Habit #5: I love Texas. I love the people, the summers (give me triple digits over anything below freezing!), and the family that I have here. I love that you can go to the mall, or a sports game, or anywhere...and run into someone that you know.

Fact/Habit #6: I was very shy and VERY insecure growing up. I don't think I came into myself until I met Joe 4 years ago. Before Joe I searched for myself. He gave me all the things that God had been trying to tell me for 25 years. I never went out on my own and was never happy with myself. Most people don't think I could have ever been shy, but if you ask anyone...I could be loud in some situations, but mostly I was so self-deprecating that I second-guessed myself on everything.

Fact/Habit #7: I try very hard to be a good wife and mother. I thought these would come more easily, but they have both been work. Actually, being a wife is easier than a mom. Joe is easy to be submissive to as I believe that he relies on God for guidance and direction with our family. Ella is a little more difficult, I'm not sure if it's the last year or just the adjustment, but being a mom is a real challenge. She totally depends on me for everything, that's a little overwhelming sometimes.

Fact/Habit #8: Last, but really first...I am a saved child of God. I have been saved since I was around the age of 6. I always knew that Jesus had died on the cross for my sins and although I haven't always lived like it, my heart has always been His. I would say that this fact makes all of the others manageable. I love being a Christian and I love learning about our Father and His love for us. Right now we are doing an amazing study of the book of Luke and it's been amazing to hear more details about the birth of Christ. It really is the greatest truth to ever be shared.

I'm tagging the following:
Amy Bottomly
Lydia Farell
Jodie Keeter
Stephanie Poage
Maggie Hooper
Jennifer Falgout
Sara Witschorke
Susan Burk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#2 is me! that is why i'm going to get screened for adult ADD. bruce is adament. it drive HIM crazy! ha!

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Thanks for playing :)