Friday, July 17, 2009

Day at Heights Park

Heights Park in Richardson holds a special place in my heart. It's 2 blocks from our second house and down the street from my childhood church. It's where we would climb up the rocket ship...till I was older and got scared, to disgusting trips through a creek (who thought that was a good idea), to a pool where I would go as a little girl and find my daily crush (whomever it was), and I would be so jealous of the girls taking gymnastics...because I wasn't good enough to do them there. So, a few weeks ago we took my kids. It has changed SO much. The rocket ship is gone, and a brand new play area (that's awesome) stands in it's place, I'd NEVER let my son in the creek, and the pool has even upgraded. The Rec Center however...is exactly the same...and I'd still love to do gymnastics if I could.







No comments: