Friday, November 30, 2007

Mitchell Update

I feel like it's been a while since I've just written. This week has brought a lot to light and made me thankful for where we are in life. My family is healthy. Yes Ella has cerebral palsy and we are still "cooking" William, but as of tonight I know that she is sleeping soundly and he is moving like there is a full-court basketball game going on in my womb. My husband and I are having a wonderful time settling into our new house, even with the headache that have come with home ownership (seems harder on the second house for some reason). I've done nothing at all to get ready for Will's appearance and I keep thinking that since I have 2 months left I've got PLENTY of time...I keep forgetting the HUGE celebration of Christmas right in the middle of everything. I've been in more pain this pregnancy and have been SO busy with Ella and the house that decorating for baby and Christmas haven't been at the top of my productivity list. We've started to realize how much more our lives will change with another kiddo in the mix. Luckily Joe's parents have moved to Dallas and are already helping out so much. Also, my good friend Maggie's mom is a respite care nurse and so we've hired her through Medicaid to help us out on nights when we have events, or just shopping to do. Ella is moving a TON!! She never stays still and we are having to look into getting her a lightweight helmet so that she doesn't knock herself silly. She'll drop her head on anything (shelves, floors, baby gates, etc.) and it doesn't hurt her at all...therefore we have to try and protect her noggin from getting banged around. William is healthy. We had a sonogram a week or two ago and he's measuring about 3.5 lbs. I'm still healthy and I think I'm doing better this pregnancy than I was doing last time around. Will is measuring long in his legs, which isn't a huge surprise. We are still looking to induce about 10 days early, so Jan. 23rd looks like our goal date, but that could TOTALLY change. I can't think of anything else right now...it's late. If anyone writes and reminds me of something then I'll add it on here...otherwise, that's the update for now.

May God bless you and your family wherever you are right now.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Andrea:
Glad to hear all is well. PACK YOUR BAG EARLY!!! ;) Sam was 3 weeks early and AGAIN I was not prepared. As for decorating for Will, we just now got Sam's wallpaper up in her room (remember, her 1-year b-day was in October). Having the 2nd is different--in so many ways-- as you well know. Don't worry, you will love him just as much, you just realize with the 2nd, that there is only so much you can do! Don't be hard on yourself.

Love you
Deb