Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I love my husband.

I think I could write a post about how amazing my husband is every day and never cover all of the great things about him. Today I just want to say that my husband is the hope in our family. He continues to hope and pray and believe that Ella will be healed. I need that. I need that even when I think I want real answers...I really need him to keep hoping. Today is a day where I started to doubt if Ella was really getting better, or was EVER going to get better. My husband reminded me that we have hope. Hope not just in Ella's healing, but hope in an eternal life with our Lord and Savior. Ella's challenges will bring God glory in ways we may never know. I thank God for my husband who reminds me of that. Isn't God good?!

3 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Andrea, my husband breathes life into our child as well. In fact, Jonathan has been Luke's most amazing advocate since birth. God really knew what He was doing when He placed these men.
I know you know this...and I know you've heard this..but I feel as if I've seen this scripture in a different light. "Without faith, we can't please Him". This scripture for me is not one of ohh, I wish I was more faithful. no...for me with Luke, it was more like..'wow Lord, you really mean this?..are you saying that if I have faith in what I'm not seeing here...I would please you?..Lord, would you honor me today? Would you honor me in my faith for my sweet Luke?...and then, God gave me the story of David/Bathsheba. It changed my life Andrea. I never caught that even though David heard from Nathan that GOd would take his child..it never stopped that man of God to BEG GOD and FAST FOR HIS CHILD TO BE HEALED> NEVER! He fasted and prayed for it. Then....when asked by the servants when he got up after hearing the news about his son's death..he said "I was HOPING the Lord would be gracious to me" and then worshiped God.
Andrea.HOPE! HOPE IN GOD GIRL! I can't tell you the amount of comments we got that gave us no hope..YET---WE HOPED IN CHRIST.
YOU CAN DO IT WITH HIS HAND. I'll PRAY WITH YOU AND FOR YOU.
I KNOW GOD IS FAITHFUL----He manifests His healing. That's my prayer for baby Ella.
HUGS HONEY....much love,
A

AW said...

Andrea, I have a husband like yours. Knowing my past and how little I deserve to be married, let alone married to this man, it stuns me everyday on God's goodness. It's humbling that He would be so gracious to give me a husband I know I don't deserve. But the good thing is that it's hard to be prideful when you know you have a gift you don't deserve. And my pridefulness is something the Lord has known I need to work on anyways. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth HOPE Mitchell