Monday, October 09, 2006

Mommy's Prayer

Written by our great friend Catherine Couch to the Mitchell Family:

Father, I know that You are in control,
But these days in the NICU have such a tole.
Here is our baby so soft and sweet
Yet we can barely touch her little hands and feet.

She lays there sleeping as doctors come by,
But the unanswered question is, "WHY?"
This isn't the dream I thought to come
I want to be home not going to and from.

What's to become of our baby girl?
Will she grow up being able to run, jump, and twirl?
I look at her now, and just want Your will,
But please, please, Lord, let her be healed.

I'm scared Lord, and maybe that's wrong,
But it feels like everything is taking so long.
Wanting to know if she's okay,
is the main thing I think of throughout the day.

Please let her see, and talk, and run...
play with other kids, and just have fun.
Let her be smart and full of life
free from all cares, worries, and strife.

Envelop her in Your saving grace
And may others see Jesus in her face.
May she shine with everlasting love
And point others to her Father above.

Heal her, Lord, from the inside out.
I give you my fears, my worries, my doubt.

No comments: