Monday, September 11, 2006

Just for fun...

(Another run-away-baby picture, again, she started out on the middle of the mat and this is what I found when I came back in the room)

I thought I'd update and send pictures for fun. Ella is getting more and more animated every day. Last night Joe was sitting over here saying "OOOOOO" and you could tell that she was trying to put her lips in the same form...for a second she got so frustrated that she started to wimper, but then she figured it out and you could see how excited she was. Now they have this "ooo-language" it's so cute to watch them together. I honestly think her face lights up whenever he's in the room. We talked last night (her 4 month mark) about how close we were to losing her those first couple of days and are in awe at what God has revealed through a child. We discussed all the fears that we had been so scared to even mention for so long. God really has blessed us throught this beautiful little girl, and she teaches us God's love for us daily. It's amazing to know that the way we look at her and love her is only a fraction of what God feels for us. His desire for us to look at Him and mimick what he says...even if it's as small as the sound "ooo". The way that our heart fills up when she acknowledges us and smiles at us...it's got to be amazing on a God-level.












(Picture of Micah and Ella at lunch after church). Also this weekend my nephew, Micah, was dedicated at my childhood church, The Height Baptist (where Joe and I were married). I loved getting to go back. Eventhought the building have changed, the faces are so much the same. I told Joe, "it's like going home". The pastor, Gary Singleton, did such an amazing sermon. It was wonderful to see Sara and Mike dedicate Micah and promise to raise him in God's house and under God's rule and guidence. Ella also finally got to meet Mrs. Jan Margrave. Jan has been a regular on this blog, and has prayed faithfully for Ella. If you look on the links list to Margrave/Byrd, you'll see her grandson Liam, who is a looker!!

All in all it was a great weekend of family and friends. It's always so nice to be able to stand back and look at your life...know that you are loved and prayed for...it's God's people at work.

Thank you again to all of you who come to this website to check on our precious child...we will never be able to thank you all enough for all that you have done.

The Mitchells

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous in that picture where you're leaning over her & you're both laughing! I wanna hear the ooo-language!

Debbie said...

I sorry I missed the dedications -- both Ella's and Micah's -- but my prayers are always with you. Hope to see the little ones soon.

Love,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea & Joe!
Ella is looking SO cute! It is amazing to see how God has continued to bless ya'll! Gwyneth and I continue to check up on all your updates and to pray for you too. I hope our two little ones will get to meet in person one of these days!

Blessings,
Ione Wise

Anonymous said...

I am Aden,Jr's aunt. Ihave been praying for baby Ella and your family. I'm always very thankful that God is in control and healing that precious girl. God Bless you all, Donna