Monday, September 18, 2006

Can you hear me now??

Scroll down to find out what all we have going on this week.

To update on the hearing test from today: Ella got through 1/2 of her hearing test perfectly...passing everything, however, she needed to stay alseep for the 2nd half and decided she wanted to wake up and show the ladies conducting the test how happy and smiley she can be...so we have rescheduled the rest of her test for October 6th. It's a great facility on the UTD campus and I really loved the center. So, we know she will probably pass her complete test, but we won't know 100% till October 6th. Also, they will recheck her hearing every 6 months till she's 3 years old and then she gets turned over to the public school system...but we should know a lot more by then!! You should have seen her today (I almost tooka picture) she had cords taped to her head to see what her brain reaction was to her hearing...it's amazing what they can do...wasn't sure how she was going to raise her hand and tell them which ear she could hear the "beep" in...I'm sure you all remember taking those hearing tests in school. Technology amazes me.

3 comments:

Christi said...

That is WONDERFUL news! I can tell how relieved you feel by your writing! God is good. Thank you for the update.
Christi

Anonymous said...

I am still praying for ya`ll! It is good to see her smiling and to know that she is getting animated. I pray that Ella will be a happy healthy child!

Heather

Jodie Keeter said...

That's so great Mitchell family!!! Jaiden has been asking about her friend, Ella. She told me that she was going to learn the "oooo" language with a little twist so that she and Ella can have their very own, girls-only language when they get a little older. I told her that it would be a wonderful idea. We will continue to lift that sweet angel up in prayer. It constantly amazes me too, how our little children can teach us such big lessons. We do have a "big" God though, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised, although amazed!!! We love you guys! Keep growing Ella! ~The Keeter's