Friday, February 26, 2010

4th in One Year

Another seizure. Ella had her 4th seizure in the last 10 months. I can't believe that we've managed through 4 of these and that Ella is no worse for the wear. Last Wednesday morning, February 17th, Joe woke up a little after 5am to the sound of Ella coughing and he went in to check on her. It took him a second and then realized that a seizure was starting and by the time we got her emergency meds pushed in her she hadn't been seizing for longer than 10 mins. I'm so greatful that the Lord prompted Joe to wake up when He did. Ella and I traveled by ambulance and our wonderful neighbor came over until Kristie took over for the day. Usually I ride in the front of the ambulance, but this time they had me hold her on the stretcher in the back...not the safest mode of transport...oddly. Ella's seizure never reactivated after we gave her the Diastat and I'm SO greatful that they didn't have to use any of the sedatives on her. They couldn't find ANY infection and Ella never had a fever...so I got us released about 12 hours after arriving.

I know, lots of question.

Answers...in walks Dr. Daniel Nale, our WONDERFUL pediatrician. Dr. Nale LOVES the Lord and as been so amazing with Ella since day one. We don't always see eye to eye (tubes for Will's ears) but he really is great with my kids. Dr. Nale found an ear infection in one of Ella's ears and fluid in the other and determined that the infection lowered her threshold for the seizure. We are greatful to be on good meds and have wonderful doctors. Here are some pictures of Joe and Ella in Dr. Nale's office the say after the seizure getting all checked out!


2 comments:

Kristine said...

I'm sorry your gorgeous little one has had to endure these seizures. I can't imagine how scary it must be for you and your hubby. I'll say a prayer that this was the last!

AW said...

We've seen Doctor Nale for most of JK's childhood so far. I don't see eye-to-eye with him either about tubes. But I've started taking EK to see another homeopathic doctor in Frisco instead. I don't know who I like most. I stay with Dr. N for comfort's sake...I'm used to him. But that's not really a good reason I think.