Friday, June 13, 2008

Crazy Daze

Okay, so this has little to nothing to do with my kids...but the blog is about me too, so I'm going to write my story about today. Plus I have no camera (read the update on this below) so all I have is words right now:

8:30am: Ella wakes up
8:45am: Will wakes up (yep, after going to bed at 10pm...love it)
Feed both kids breakfast
9:40am: Mother-in-law shows up to watch kids for the day (wait for the miscommunication here)
While MIL is over I pick up the house quickly since the maids are coming at some point (always think it's funny how I clean up for the maids!!)
10:30am: Finally leave the house to run errands
10:40am: Arrive at car dealership to get my oil changed...inform them that I scheduled it online and requested a loan car while my car is being taken care of...they inform me that they don't do loaner cars for 6k-mile-inspections...I start to freak knowing that I have a huge list of errands while my kids are being watched and they do not include sitting in a car dealership reading bad magazines for 3 hours!!...so I rent a car from the attached Enterprise and vow to discuss when I return since I've got things to do...grrr
11:15am: Arrive at Best Buy to discuss my camera situation...I'm informed that it will cost somewhere around $300 to fix my camera so I nix that idea...thinking about taking up donations for a new camera so that I can start posting pictures again...anyone willing to contribute???...so I leave, broken camera in hand :(
11:45am: May be too much information...I went to get my eyebrows waxed (thank you Jessica Melker for the Aqua gift card from like 3 years ago!!)...at this point I'm laughing about my day and have called my mom to tell her about the car situation and then the camera ordeal...I tell that my face will probably fall off when I get my brows waxed...close...so the lady does my brows and THEN proceeds to wax my upper lip...I DIDN'T ASK FOR THAT!! so, I laugh inside and figure she must have thought I needed it...oh, what the heck, not worth complaining about, right?
12:30pm: Start to head to Chick-fil-A for lunch (since they have great salads)...the line is SO long it was backed up 2 blocks down the 75 service road...no thanks, go get my nails done instead...no drama in the nail salon and the dealership called, my car is ready
2pm: Finally make it to the car dealership, drop off the rental ($62...grrr) and pick up my car ($58....double grrr), talk to the service manager and he says he'll talk to his boss and figure something out...he better
2:30pm: Finally stop and grab something to eat, call MIL to check in and inform her the maids may get there before I do, she tells me they have already come and gone...ooops, so I head to Target
3:30pm: Done with Target, saved $17 by using coupons, probably spent more than that on stuff I didn't need...why is that?? But, we have plenty of diapers now, forgot formula and a wedding shower gift...grrr
3:45pm: Stop by parents house to pick up some stuff, cheer for my (naked) nephew who is using the potty...this is a BIG deal people, I'd give anything to be potty training and not buying diapers forever!! As I'm leaving I realize I'm picking up Joe, downtown, in 45 mins and I'm not even home yet!!
4pm: Get home, realize my MIL was planning on leaving at 12:30pm (total miscommunication and I feel HORRIBLE) and the kids need to be changed, loaded in the car, I need to clean up from errands and load diaper bags and head out to pick up Joe.
4:15pm: Leave the house...pretty impressed with my time on this.
5pm: Have Joe picked up and heading out to dinner in Rockwall.
5:30pm: Dinner with the McLaughlin group...5 kids and 4 adults...we are totally outnumbered...6 year old Dean, 4 year old Robbie, 2 year old Ella, and Addie and Will are 10 days apart...we're crazy...dinner at Bass Pro restaurant, great place, food was moderate.
8:30pm: Heading home from Rockwall with an exhausted car of people.

10:45pm: Ella has FINALLY gone to sleep after fighting it for the last 2 hours, Joe is doing bills, I'm writing out my day and realizing I still have to pick up a gift for the wedding shower tomorrow...and tomorrow will be crazy too.

Calgon, take me away!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - I am exhausted that you had such a HARD day! Thank goodness that the kids finally do go to sleep at some point and you have a little quiet - emphasis on the word quiet!

Leigh said...

Wow! Talk about a crazy Friday the 13th.....But at least at the end of the day you got some things accomplished. Maybe not everything, but one step at a time.

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Was defintely one of those days for you too! My Friday the 13th was a tad on the crazy side as well. But, hey- we both made it through and ended up with happy kiddos today :) Yay Us!!!

The McGuire's said...

I had one of those days too the other day. Although mine included Gracie to come along with, pretty rough, especially at the cat's optometrist appointment in San Francisco. Yes there are such things as Feline optometrists, and they are as expensive as they sound.

Why is it that Target's bill can be surprising? I ran in for a card and ended up spending over a hundred, huh? I call shannanigans

Unknown said...

I think that this could be some kind of record with you not posting for over a week!