Friday, June 09, 2006

Home FINALLY!!

All 3 of the Mitchell's are under one roof. We brought Ella home today at noon. She doesn't seem to be real impressed with the world outside of the hospital. We took her on a tour of our house and she yawned and fell asleep...guess we don't have as many gadgets and noises as the NICU.

We are loving the fact that we don't have to go ANYWHERE for the next few days...and we get to just love on her as much as we can possibly fit in (who needs sleep at this point?!?).

We follow up with our pediatrician next week. Neurology in 3 months. Developmental doctors on July 12th. And that's about it for now.

By the grace of God we have overcome more than anyone thought we would...well, anyone who hadn't already witnessed the miracles of God.

Thanks again for your support, phone calls, letters, gifts, and most of all prayer. We will continue to update, but hopefully not as often as life will calm down. It's been amazing being able to share this first crazy month of Ella's life with each of you...I hope each of you will get to meet her soon.

Love in Christ,
Joe, Andrea, and Ella

Pictures to come....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! This is the best news I've heard this week! :) :)

Anonymous said...

God is faithful - ALWAYS! Just love on that precious gift as much as you can. In no time at all she'll be too big for you to hold. I have been praying continuously for all of you and am so proud of you and the way you have handled this trial. Praising God with and for you! Love, Rhonda Brock

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!! God is so good! We love y'all! - jon & melissa

Anonymous said...

Just got home 12:12 am Saturday morning and just had to check and see if you were home. I'm so glad all 3 of you are home. May God continue to bless little Ella. God has mighty things for her and her parents to come.
Love,
Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD!!! I'll bet you don't want to leave the house, get dressed or let Ella out of your arms for a single second!!!!! I have tears of joy rolling down my cheeks for all of you right now. God bless you. God is good. I love you so much.

Michael said...

Awesome!! And God is awesome isn't he? There is no doubt that God has plans for Ella. You don't know me, but I'm an old friend of the Bergers from Dallas, who mentioned your family on their blog. My very first post on my blog just a couple of months ago is simply a forward from an email, but very touching, and in this case, maybe a little applicaple. Again, congradulations, and I wish you all the best.

The Farells said...

Do you remember the song from most of our childhood camp experiences? The boys stand up and sing, "Allelu, allelu, allelu, alleluia" and then sit down. The girls quickly pop up and sing, "Praise ye the Lord" as an echo... Well, the song continues, but with the same lyrics only different in order and well.... that's what I'm doing right now! :) Praise ye the Lord, Alleluia! Ella's home! :)
See you soon neighbor,
Lydia

Debbie said...

Woo Hoo! Praise Jesus! I hope this weekend was everything you wanted it to be. I remember taking Thomas home and not leaving the house for almost 2 weeks! It was the very best 2 weeks of my life! I'm so glad you finally know that joy!

Love you!
Deb

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!! Sean and I are so excited that all 3 of you are home together where you belong! We pray that the Lord continue to work miracles in little Ella and that yall would be a happy and blessed family!

In Him,
Heather
Hab 3:19