Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Medical Stuff

For those of you wondering about our medical stuff...here is the update: I have to go in every Monday for blood work because my progesterone (a prego hormone for the first trimester) was really low. They had me on a supplement and now we are doing VERY well. I am still taking both the thyroid and the insulin resistance meds on a daily basis. One of the doctors concerns was that we needed the Metformin (insulin meds) to conceive, which puts me in a "high risk" group for now...also we conceived a week later than he originally thought which means the meds were the "way" my body got pregnant. If you have more questions maybe Isaac can help or for those of you that know a doctor ask them...that's all the info I really understand!! :) I do know that the progesterone probably caused my morning sickness to be worse, so now that we are off the supplement I can actually breathe throughout the day without a trash can nearby. My poor brother-in-law, Drew, his fiance Sandra and my friend Wendi got the rough end of my morning sickness while we were in Orlando...and I had to use the barf bag for the first time in my life...horrible way to fly!!

No comments: